Magnolia grandiflora 'Little Gem'
(Dwarf Evergreen Magnolia) New to us, Magnolia grandiflora 'Little Gem' is a more compact, narrow selection of evergreen Magnolia with masses of large white cup-shaped summer flowers once established.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, Magnolia grandiflora 'Little Gem' is a more compact, narrow selection of evergreen Magnolia with masses of large white cup-shaped summer flowers once established. The leaves are dark green in colour with deep brown felt on the underside.
Most suitable for position sheltered from cold winter winds in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Magnolia grandiflora 'Little Gem' requires shelter from cold winds and can have bronzed or slightly scorched leaves after very cold weather when young.
- Flowering Period: August - October.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia grandiflora 'Little Gem' grows to be a large fairly narrow shrub or eventually very small tree.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Scented