Magnolia 'Ian's Red'
Magnolia 'Ian's Red' is a small tree sought after for its vibrant early colour with large, vivid purple-red, saucer shaped flowers in March or April.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Sought after for its vibrant early colour, Magnolia x 'Ian's Red' has large, vivid purple-red, saucer shaped flowers in March or April. One of our favourite Magnolia. Dark green, oval summer leaves.
Grows at a moderate rate into a tall shrub initially or eventually a small tree and is best in a position with full sun or light, dappled shade which does not receive sunlight first thing in the morning.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: Purple / pink and white.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia 'Ian's Red' grows to be a very small, branching tree once established.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: Also known as Magnolia x 'Ian's Red'
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Rare and Unusual