Magnolia x 'Ian's Red'
Magnolia x 'Ian's Red' is a small tree sought after for its vibrant early colour with large, vivid purple-red, saucer shaped flowers in March or April.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Sought after for its vibrant early colour, Magnolia x 'Ian's Red' has large, vivid purple-red, saucer shaped flowers in March or April. One of our favourite Magnolia.
Growing at a reasonable rate, Magnolia x 'Ian's Red' will become to be a very small tree and is best in a position with full sun or light, dappled shade which does not receive sunlight first thing in the morning.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: Purple / pink and white.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia x 'Ian's Red'grows to be a very small, branching tree once established.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like