Magnolia x 'Vulcan'
Rare Magnolia cultivar which is known for producing masses of fantastic rich purple-red, goblet-shaped flowers in early spring.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Rare Magnolia cultivar which is known for producing masses of fantastic rich purple-red, goblet-shaped flowers in early spring. These flowers are extremely eye-catching, but it is worth bearing in mind that the colour of the flowers can be variable, sometimes producing light-purple flowers in poor years.
When growing well it is a fantastic Magnolia with particularly vivid flowers.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia x 'Vulcan' grows to be a large upright shrub.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: We have found that although hardy, this Magnolia is best planted in an area which does not receive early morning sunlight in spring, as this combined with a frost can cause damage to the flowers.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like