Magnolia x 'Elizabeth'
An exquisite and unusual Magnolia with lovely creamy-yellow flowers, introduced in 1977 by the Brooklyn Botanic Garden in New York City.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
An exquisite and unusual Magnolia with lovely creamy-yellow flowers, introduced in 1977 by the Brooklyn Botanic Garden in New York City. Magnolia x 'Elizabeth' is a selected seedling from a cross between Magnolia acuminata and Magnolia denudata.
It has very pretty, large, primrose-yellow and slightly fragrant flowers with red stamens in late spring and grows to be a beautiful standalone specimen pla
A striking addition to a border in a sheltered garden!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, but well drained, fertile soils. Avoid areas prone to water logging.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Magnolia x 'Elizabeth' appreciates shelter from strong winds.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small tree with a conical, upright habit.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: We have found that although hardy, Magnolia x 'Elizabeth' is best planted in an area which does not receive early morning sunlight in spring, as this combined with a frost can cause damage to the flowers.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like