(Japanese Magnolia) A native to the forests of Japan, Magnolia kobus is an early flowering species, with masses of large goblet to saucer-shaped, creamy white, scented flowers in spring.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A native to the forests of Japan, Magnolia kobus is an early flowering species, with masses of large goblet to saucer-shaped, creamy white, scented flowers in spring. The leaves which usually emerge after flowering are bright green and last until autumn. After flowering, ornamental pink fruit are produced in summer.
A lovely small, flowering garden tree, Magnolia kobus is a superb addition to a spring border or woodland garden.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia kobus grows to be a small, rounded tree once established.
- Height: up to 8 m (26 ft).
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Ornamental, Scented
You might also likeNew Price Each £17.50New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £9.95
New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £15.00
Regular price £12.95 -10% New Price Each £11.66
New Price Each £9.95
- On sale!