Lonicera similis var delavayi
A semi-evergreen climbing honeysuckle, Lonicera similis var delavayi has dark green, ovate leaves and masses of scented white and cream flowers in summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A semi-evergreen climbing honeysuckle, Lonicera similis var delavayi has dark green, ovate leaves and masses of scented white and cream flowers in summer. These flowers are followed by small black fruit later in summer.
Lonicera similis var delavayi can be grown as a standalone plant without support, but will grow with a comparatively low, arching habit. In mild winters it will hold the leaves all year round, but they will drop in cold winters.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Lonicera similis var delavayi enjoys shelter from very cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White turning yellow/cream as they age.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Lonicera similis var delavayi grows to be a medium sized shrub or climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Spread: up to 2.5 m (8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Medium (2.5m - 4m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Scented