Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum'
(Fastigiate Tulip Tree) Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum' is a very narrow, columnar form of the American tulip tree with large plate-like leaves which turn butter-yellow in autumn before they fall.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A very narrow, columnar form of the American tulip tree with large plate-like leaves which turn butter-yellow in autumn before they fall. Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum' tends to produce flowers slightly earlier then the classic Liriodendron tulipifera, at between 15 - 20 years of age!
The very narrow habit makes Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum' more suitable for smaller areas and woodland gardens.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum' does generally not grow well in dry soils, prone to drying out in summer.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Yellowish-green with orange markings
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum' grows to be a medium sized or eventually large tree with a narrow, upright form.
- Height: 20 m (65 ft). (up to 4 m in 10 years)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft). (1 m in 10 years)
- Notes: Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum' will produce better quality, larger leaves in a position sheltered from strong winds.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Habit - Narrow, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
You might also like