Leucothoe x 'Scarletta'
This is a handsome evergreen shrub with white, pitcher-like flowers in May and dark green leaves which develop scarlet-red tints in late summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
This is a handsome evergreen shrub with white, pitcher-like flowers in May and dark green leaves which develop scarlet-red tints in late summer. The young leaves are maroon in Spring.
Leucothoe x 'Scarletta' needs acid soil in sun or partial shade and some attention to watering in very dry conditions. Can be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Acid, moist soil (avoid waterlogged areas).
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Leucothoe x 'Scarletta' grows to be a small to medium sized spreading shrub.
- Height: up to 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft)
- Spread: up to 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Purple/Red, Suitable for Containers