Lavandula angustifolia 'Munstead'
(Lavender) A compact evergreen shrub, Lavandula angustifolia 'Munstead' has masses of fragrant purple-blue flowers in summer and aromatic, silver-grey foliage.
A compact evergreen shrub, Lavandula angustifolia 'Munstead' has masses of fragrant purple-blue flowers in summer and aromatic, silver-grey foliage. The flowers are very popular with bees and butterflies.
Flowering best in a sunny position, Lavandula angustifolia 'Munstead' looks lovely when planted near paths and can also be growing in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September
- Flower Colour: Purple-blue
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Lavandula angustifolia 'Munstead' is a small, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 50 cm (1 - 2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Summer, Foliage - Blue/Silver, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Scented