Larix kaempferi 'Cascade'
(Japanese Larch) New to us, Larix kaempferi 'Cascade' is a rare larch growing to be a small tree in time with arching, somewhat pendulous branches.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
New to us, Larix kaempferi 'Cascade' is a rare larch growing to be a small tree in time with arching, somewhat pendulous branches. It is deciduous with green needles in summer which turn golden-yellow before falling in autumn.
Most suitable for a sunny position with shelter from strong winds for most attractive habit.
- Position: Full sun or light shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil. Avoid alkaalin soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Larix kaempferi 'Cascade' grows to be a small tree with arching branches. Ideally support the leading shoot with a bamboo cane or similar until it reaches the height you require.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Rare and Unusual, Habit - Weeping