Laburnum alpinum 'Quercifolia'
(Oak-leaved Laburnum) Laburnum alpinum 'Quercifolia' is a very rare small tree with unusual, cut oak-like green summer leaves and short racemes of vibrant yellow flower in summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Laburnum alpinum 'Quercifolia' is a very rare small tree with unusual, cut oak-like green summer leaves and short racemes of vibrant yellow flower in summer. It gradually develops into a fairly upright and compact little tree.
Flowers best in a position with plenty of sun and we find it prefers to be sheltered from strong winds here in Derbyshire for a longer lasting flower display.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Laburnum alpinum 'Quercifolia' grows to be a small, upright tree.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- Notes: All parts of Laburnum alpinum 'Quercifolia', including the flowers and seed pods are toxic and should not be eaten!
- Please be aware that this plant should be fairly easy to grow however a huge amount of our time has gone into propagating these very few plants and they need to be looked after properly. As a result we recommend it for experienced gardeners only and this plant is not covered by our guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
- On sale!