Koelreuteria paniculata 'Coral Sun'
(Golden Rain Tree) A rare tree, Koelreuteria paniculata 'Coral Sun' has fantastic, bright red new stems and leaves in spring, and retains the red leaf stalks into autumn
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A rare tree, Koelreuteria paniculata 'Coral Sun' has fantastic, bright red new stems and leaves in spring, and retains the red leaf stalks into autumn. The leaves are somewhat fern-like and turn a lush green as they mature in summer.
In a good, crisp autumn these leaves can also turn glorious shades of yellow and orange before falling. It also has large panicles of pretty, golden-yellow flowers in mid to late summer once established.
Koelreuteria paniculata 'Coral Sun' is a flamboyant, small garden tree with excellent spring interest!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Koelreuteria paniculata 'Coral Sun' grows to be a small tree a fairly narrow, upright habit.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: Although hardy, Koelreuteria paniculata 'Coral Sun' will grow best in a warm, sunny, sheltered garden. In cooler areas, this will be a smaller tree perhaps reaching a height of up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like