Juniperus squamata 'Blue Star'
(Juniper) Juniperus squamata 'Blue Star' is a robust, slow growing, compact evergreen conifer with dark silver-blue foliage.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Juniperus squamata 'Blue Star' is a robust, slow growing, compact evergreen conifer with dark silver-blue foliage. Somewhat spreading initially, established plants develop a low, mound-like habit. Very useful as ground cover.
Best foliage colour once established if planted in a position with plenty of sun. Suitable for rock gardens or for growing in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Juniperus squamata 'Blue Star' grows to be a small, spreading shrub.
- Height: up to 60 - 80 cm (2 - 2 1/2 ft)
- Spread: 100 - 120 cm (3 - 4 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover, Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Blue/Silver, Suitable for Containers