Jasminum officinale 'Clotted Cream'
(Jasmine) With masses of sweetly scented, creamy coloured flowers in summer, Jasminum officinale 'Clotted Cream' is an excellent choice for growing up trellis or wires against a sunny wall or fence.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
With masses of sweetly scented, creamy coloured flowers in summer, Jasminum officinale 'Clotted Cream' is an excellent choice for growing up trellis or wires against a sunny wall or fence. This is a semi-evergreen plant with bright green leaves in summer and in very mild winters can hold its leaves all year round. In colder times the leaves will fall.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Jasminum officinale 'Clotted Cream' requires some shelter from cold winds and can loose some or all of its leaves in a severe winter.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Flower Colour: Creamy
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, twining climbing plant sometimes a little shrubby when young which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft) if left unpruned
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Although it will tolerate some shade, Jasminum officinale 'Clotted Cream' will flower best in a warm, sunny position. To encourage flowering prune out thin, old shoots after the flowers have fallen in September each year.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
- On sale!