Jasminum officinale 'Clotted Cream'
(Jasmine) With masses of sweetly scented, creamy coloured flowers in summer, Jasminum officinale 'Clotted Cream' is an excellent choice for growing up trellis or wires against a sunny wall or fence.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
With masses of sweetly scented, creamy coloured flowers in summer, Jasminum officinale 'Clotted Cream' is an excellent choice for growing up trellis or wires against a sunny wall or fence. This is a semi-evergreen plant with bright green leaves in summer and in very mild winters can hold its leaves all year round. In colder times the leaves will fall.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Jasminum officinale 'Clotted Cream' requires some shelter from cold winds and can loose some or all of its leaves in a severe winter.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Flower Colour: Creamy
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, twining climbing plant sometimes a little shrubby when young which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft) if left unpruned
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Although it will tolerate some shade, Jasminum officinale 'Clotted Cream' will flower best in a warm, sunny position. To encourage flowering prune out thin, old shoots after the flowers have fallen in September each year.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Medium (2.5m - 4m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Scented