An unusual, upright shrub, Indigofera pendula has arching branches and eye-catching, long and pendulous racemes of lilac flowers in mid to late summer.
*Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Alternatively order by calling our office on 01530 413700
An unusual, upright shrub, Indigofera pendula has arching branches and eye-catching, long and pendulous racemes of lilac flowers in mid to late summer. Established specimens produce masses of flower. The leaves are pinnate (feather-like) and bright green in colour..
Indigofera pendula is a superb ornamental shrub, best suited for a position in full sun with shelter from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Indigofera pendula can suffer from some die back following a very cold winter, however it usually recovers well in the following year.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Lilac pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Indigofera pendula grows to be a medium to large shrub with a generally upright habit and arching branches.
- Height: approx 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium, Shrub - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Not Fussy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering in Summer, Rare and Unusual, Habit - Weeping