Indigofera amblyantha is a handsome medium sized shrub with soft-pink, upright racemes of flowers continuously throughout the summer.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands .
with Sagepay (Opayo) our website payment provider
Indigofera amblyantha is a handsome medium sized shrub with soft-pink, upright racemes of flowers continuously throughout the summer.. The pinnate (feather-like) leaves are dark green, turning shades of yellow and bronze before falling in autumn.
A rarely planted member of the pea family from China, this elegant, medium sized, flowering shrub is particularly beautiful when grown against a sunny wall or fence.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Fertile soil. Indigofera amblyantha enjoys dry soils.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Indigofera amblyantha can suffer from some die back following a very cold winter, however it usually recovers well in the following year.
- Flowering Period: June - September.
- Flower Colour: Deep rose-purple
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized, branching shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft) to 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that until established, Indigofera amblyantha appear to be a little spindly and bare once they have lost their leaves in winter.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering in Autumn, Flowering in Summer
Frequently Purchased With
Popular PlantsNew Price Each £13.95New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £85.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £14.95Regular price £12.95 -10% New Price Each £11.66
Regular price £15.00 -5% New Price Each £14.25
- Reduced price
- On sale!