Imperata cylindrica 'Red Baron'
(Japanese Blood Grass) Imperata cylindrica 'Red Baron' is a clump forming small grass with vivid scarlet young leaves which gradually turn green at the base by late summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Imperata cylindrica 'Red Baron' is a clump forming small grass with vivid scarlet young leaves which gradually turn green at the base by late summer. Established plants have small spikes of silvery flower in summer.
A handsome ground cover grass growing best in a sunny position. The coloured leaves look most eye-catching when planted in small groups. May be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Enjoys moist, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Imperata cylindrica 'Red Baron' grows to be a small, clump forming grass.
- Height: up to 40 - 50 cm (1 1/2 ft)
- Spread: 40 cm (1 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Grass - Small (less than 1m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Foliage - Purple/Red, Suitable for Containers