- Sold Out
Illicium floridanum 'Halley's Comet'
(Anise Tree) New to us and rare in the UK, Illicium floridanum 'Halley's Comet' is a medium sized evergreen shrub once established with pale to dark green lance-shaped leaves and nodding, dark red flowers in spring.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
New to us and rare in the UK, Illicium floridanum 'Halley's Comet' is a medium sized evergreen shrub once established with pale to dark green lance-shaped leaves and nodding, dark red flowers in spring. These flowers may be followed by interesting star-shaped fruit later in the summer.
Requires a very warm, sheltered position in dappled or partial shade to grow well and avoid planting in open or exposed areas. May require protection from winter cold in some areas.
- Position: Light, dappled or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist fertile soils but not waterlogged.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Will require protection in severe cold.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: Red.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Illicium floridanum 'Halley's Comet' grows to be a medium sized shrub.
- Height: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Illicium floridanum 'Halley's Comet' can be fickle in the UK and is best attempted by experienced gardeners. As such it is not covered by our guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering in Spring, Suitable for Containers, Rare and Unusual