Ilex aquifolium 'Pendula'
(Weeping Holly) Ilex aquifolium 'Pendula' is a slow growing, female, weeping holly growing as a shrub in the short term or eventually a very small tree.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Ilex aquifolium 'Pendula' is a slow growing, female, weeping holly growing as a shrub in the short term or eventually a very small tree. It has dark green leaves and clusters of bright red fruit in the autumn, lasting into the winter (if pollinated by a male holly).
Ilex aquifolium 'Pendula' is an unusual and handsome specimen plant, slow growing and therefore not for instant gratification.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Ilex aquifolium 'Pendula' grows to be a weeping large shrub or eventually a small tree in many years.
- Height: 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Birds), Habit - Weeping