- On sale!
Ilex aquifolium 'Calypso'
(Variegated English Holly) An attractive variegated holly, propagated by ourselves from an unusual sport found on a holly hedge in the local village of Blackfordby and named after our cheerful Doberman 'Calypso'.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An attractive variegated holly, propagated by ourselves from an unusual sport found on a holly hedge in the local village of Blackfordby and named after our cheerful Doberman 'Calypso'.
Ilex aquifolium 'Calypso' has dark stems and handsome, green and gold-splashed leaves and is particularly good at adding some colour to a winter garden. This is a female holly and will have masses of red berries in winter once established if pollinated by a nearby male such as Ilex x meserveae 'Blue Prince'.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub with a branching, rounded habit once established.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Variegated, Screening/Hedge, Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Birds), To grow in a pot
You might also like