Ilex x koehneana
(Chestnut Leaf Holly) Ilex x koehneana is a striking holly with long, glossy dark green, spined leaves which are similar in appearance to those of a sweet chestnut.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Striking holly with long, glossy dark green, spined leaves which are similar in appearance to those of a sweet chestnut. Ilex x koehneana also has small white flowers in late spring, with female plants having a good display of large red berries in late summer/autumn once established.
Best in a sunny position with some shelter from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized or eventually large, upright, branching shrub.
- Height: 6m (20 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, Fruit - Ornamental
- On sale!
- On sale!