Ilex aquifolium 'Bacciflava'
(Yellow-berried English Holly) Ilex aquifolium 'Bacciflava' is an unusual, sought after holly with large clusters of long lasting, creamy-yellow berries in winter.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
An unusual, sought after holly with large clusters of long lasting, creamy-yellow berries in winter. These fruit are very handsome and add colour to the garden during an otherwise dark season. The lush green leaves are mostly smooth unlike the common Ilex aquifolium.
Ilex aquifolium 'Bacciflava' is excellent specimen plant or can also be pruned to make a striking and very fine hedge.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Ilex aquifolium 'Bacciflava' grows to be a large branching shrub with a somewhat upright habit.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: Ilex aquifolium 'Bacciflava' is a female plant and requires a nearby male holly to fruit well.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Screening/Hedge, Good for Wildlife (Birds)
You might also like