Hydrangea macrophylla 'Libelle'
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Libelle' is a medium sized shrub with a lovely lacecap flower display composed of large pure white florets in summer surrounding clusters of blue flowers (in acid ground).
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Libelle' is a medium sized shrub with a lovely lacecap flower display composed of large pure white florets in summer surrounding clusters of blue flowers (in acid ground). These flowers appear from early to late summer and stand out well against the lush, dark green foliage.
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Libelle' is an eye-catching shrub suitable for a position in sun or shade!
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: late June - August.
- Flower Colour: Purplish-pink or metallic blue depending upon the soil pH.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea macrophylla 'Libelle' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
Please be aware that the water supply on our nursery is alkaline and frequently our blue flowering Hydrangea varieties will have pinkish or purple flowers when they arrive with you, despite having been grown in an acidic compost. This colour will continue for several months after planting before changing to reflect the new soil conditions in your garden.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
- On sale!