Hydrangea aspera 'Goldrush'
40(Rough-leaved Hydrangea) New to us, Hydrangea aspera 'Goldrush' is a lovely deciduous shrub with large soft golden leaves in spring, gradually turning pale green as they age into the summer.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
New to us, Hydrangea aspera 'Goldrush' is a lovely deciduous shrub with large soft golden leaves in spring, gradually turning pale green as they age into the summer. The leaves turn yellow and orange in a good autumn before falling. Clusters of pretty lavender-blue lacecap-like flowerheads surrounded by white florets appear once established in mid Summer.
An excellent plant for adding a bit of foliage colour to a border in partial shade. Avoid hot and sunny positions to reduce the risk of leaf scorch in summer.
- Position: Light, dappled, partial shade or heavy shade (leaves be less golden in colour in heavy shade).
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea aspera 'Goldrush' grows to be a medium sized branching shrub with a rounded habit once established.
- Height: eventually up to 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Pruning: Remove dead or damaged stems in late winter or early spring.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowers in Autumn, Flowers in Summer, Foliage - Gold/Yellow, Suitable for Containers