Hydrangea macrophylla 'Taube'
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Taube' has the best blue flowers we have seen, with, according to your soil pH, flat clusters of pink or cobalt-blue flowers in late summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
This Hydrangea has the best blue flowers we have seen, with, according to your soil pH, flat clusters of pink or cobalt-blue flowers in late summer - the Swiss name 'Taube' translates as 'Dove'. The leaves are handsome, large, bright green and oval in shape.
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Taube' is an eye-catching shrub suitable for a position in sun or shade!
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Purplish-pink or clear blue depending upon the soil pH.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea macrophylla 'Taube' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like