Hydrangea macrophylla 'Merveille Sanguine'
A superb, slow growing, deciduous medium sized shrub with rose-red to velvet purple summer flowers and vibrant dark purple-green summer leaves.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A medium sized shrub, Hydrangea macrophylla 'Merveille Sanguine' has eye-catching rose-red to crimson or velvet purple flower bracts and leaves, bronze-green in spring, darkening to maroon-tinged green later on. The masses of flower and colourful bracts appear in late summer.
Slow growing when young and not really for instant gratification, Hydrangea macrophylla 'Merveille Sanguine' is nevertheless a choice shrub suitable for a position in sun or light, dappled shade!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Rose-red to crimson or velvet purple depending upon the soil pH.
- Rate of Growth: Slow when young then moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea macrophylla 'Merveille Sanguine' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Foliage - Purple/Red, Suitable for Containers