Hydrangea quercifolia 'Snow Queen'
Hydrangea quercifolia 'Snow Queen' is a fascinating medium sized shrub with spectacular large heads of semi-double, creamy-white flowers in late summer.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A fascinating species of Hydrangea with spectacular large heads of semi-double, creamy-white flowers in late summer. This particular cultivar has magnificent, oak-shaped leaves which are dark green in spring and summer before colouring richly to shades of red and purple in autumn.
Hydrangea quercifolia 'Snow Queen' is a medium sized shrub which thrives in sun or shade.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, branching shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years.
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years.
- Notes: Hydrangea quercifolia 'Snow Queen' is an excellent companion plant for other Hydrangea, in both sunny or shady borders.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like