Hippophae rhamnoides 'Pollmix' (Male)
(Sea Buckthorn) A male selection of Hippophae rhamnoides which flowers in spring and will pollinate nearby female Hippophae which flower at the same time, including 'Leikora'.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A male selection of Hippophae rhamnoides which flowers in spring and will pollinate nearby female Hippophae which flower at the same time, including 'Leikora'. A single male plant will pollinate several surrounding females.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any well drained soil. Hippophae rhamnoides is very tolerant of nutritionally poor soil and dry soils.
- Hardiness: Fully hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hippophae rhamnoides 'Pollmix' grows to be a large shrub or very small tree with an upright habit once established.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Notes: This is a known male form which will flower and not produce fruit. Once established, Hippophae rhamnoides can sucker and form a dense thicket.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Honey Fungus Resistant, Screening/Hedge
You might also like