Hibiscus syriacus 'China Chiffon'
(Rose of Sharon) Hibiscus syriacus 'China Chiffon' is a new selection growing to be a medium sized shrub once established with semi-double white flowers with a magenta splash of colour at the centre in late summer to early autumn.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Hibiscus syriacus 'China Chiffon' is a new selection growing to be a medium sized shrub once established with semi-double white flowers with a magenta splash of colour at the centre in late summer to early autumn. The summer leaves are dark green in colour with yellow tints as they fall in autumn.
Best display of flowers will usually be seen if planted in a position with plenty of sun and some shelter from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Fully hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - October.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub with a vase-shaped habit once established.
- Height: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Notes: Hibiscus syriacus 'China Chiffon' really enjoys and will flower best in a very hot, sunny garden and also does very well when grown or trained against a sunny wall or fence.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Honey Fungus Resistant