Hibiscus syriacus 'Duc de Brabant'
(Rose of Sharon) Hibiscus syriacus 'Duc de Brabant' is a handsome medium sized to large shrub with cool green leaves and showy, double, deep purplish-pink flowers in late summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Hibiscus syriacus 'Duc de Brabant' has cool green leaves and showy, double, deep purplish-pink flowers in late summer. These flowers have a slightly exotic appearance and make this plant a fine addition to flowering or herbaceous borders.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Fully hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - October.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Large vase-shaped shrub.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Hibiscus syriacus 'Duc de Brabant' really enjoys and will flower best in a very hot, sunny garden and also does very well when grown or trained against a sunny wall or fence.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)