Hibiscus syriacus 'Helene'
(Rose of Sharon) Hibiscus syriacus 'Helene' is an outstanding shrub with dark green leaves and gorgeous, large, often semi-double, pure white flowers and conspicuous ruby red throats.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An outstanding Hibiscus cultivar which has dark green, nearly glossy leaves and gorgeous, large, often semi-double, pure white flowers with conspicuous ruby red throats. These flowers stand out exceptionally well against the dark green leaves and create an eye-catching display in late summer.
Hibiscus syriacus 'Helene' is a superb late summer flowering shrub ideal for a sunny garden.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Fully hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - October.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub with a vase-shaped habit once established.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Hibiscus syriacus 'Helene' really enjoys and will flower best in a very hot, sunny garden and also does very well when grown or trained against a sunny wall or fence.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)