Hibiscus syriacus 'Marina'
(Rose of Sharon) Hibiscus syriacus 'Marina' is an improved form of Hibiscus 'Bluebird' with stronger, more reliable growth and flowers which are a richer shade of blue.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Hibiscus syriacus'Marina' is an improved form of Hibiscus syriacus 'Bluebird', with notably stronger, more reliable growth and flowers which are a richer shade of blue. An ideal plant for a sunny border and suitable for gardens of a limited size.
Hibiscus syriacus 'Marina' flowers best in a warm, sunny position.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Fully hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - October.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub with a vase-shaped habit once established.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Hibiscus syriacus 'Marina' really enjoys and will flower best in a very hot, sunny garden and also does very well when grown or trained against a sunny wall or fence.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot