Pulmonaria 'Mawson's Blue'
Available Spring 2019
(Lungwort) A handsome ground cover plant, Pulmonaria 'Mawson's Blue' has lance-shaped, dark green leaves with clusters of small but very dark blue flowers in spring.
Supplied Size: 3L containers
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A handsome ground cover plant, Pulmonaria 'Mawson's Blue' has lance-shaped, dark green leaves with clusters of small but very dark purple-blue to dark blue flowers in spring. Very attractive as part of a border underneath larger plants.
Pulmonaria 'Mawson's Blue' is ideal for a position in partial shade in most soils but this does not usually do well in very wet or waterlogged areas.
- Position: Sun, light, dappled or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Pulmonaria 'Mawson's Blue' is a clump forming perennial.
- Height: 30 cm (1 ft)
- Spread: 45 cm (1 1/2 ft)
- Notes: If planting Pulmonaria 'Mawson's Blue' in small groups, leave a space of 30 cm between plants.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Small, Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like