Crocosmia 'George Davidson'
(Montbretia) Attractive dwarf form of Crocosmia with yellow flowers and pleated sword-like leaves which are deep green and give a lovely vertical accent to the border.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
Attractive dwarf form of Crocosmia with yellow flowers and pleated sword-like leaves which are deep green and give a lovely vertical accent to the border. The flowers are bright canary yellow; appearing on branched spikes from early July to August. This variety is slower spreading than most and earlier to flower.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clump forming perennial with upright flower stems.
- Height: up to 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 30 cm (1 ft)
- Notes: The stems of Crocosmia 'George Davidson' can be cut to produce eye-catching cut flowers in late summer. Mature plants can be divided in the spring and replanted as required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
You might also like