Heptacodium miconioides is a handsome and unusual shrub native to parts of China with long lasting clusters of white flowers in autumn.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Seven Son Flower of Zheijiang) A handsome and unusual shrub native to parts of China with long lasting clusters of white flowers in autumn. Heptacodium miconioides has attractive, glossy, dark green leaves with deeply marked veins and fantastic, lightly scented clusters of seven white flowers throughout late summer and early autumn.
These flowers are very pretty, popular with insects and butterflies and make Heptacodium particularly valuable as a late flowering plant! Once established, the bark is also eye-catching, with the mature bark becoming grey, while the younger growth is a very dark red. A reliable and easy to grow garden plant!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August to early October depending on weather.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Heptacodium miconioides grows to be a large shrub with a fountain-shaped, multi-stemmed habit once established.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Scented, Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)
You might also like