Hamamelis x intermedia 'Jelena'
(Witch Hazel) An eye-catching cultivar raised at the Kalmthout Arboretum in Belgium, Hamamelis x intermedia 'Jelena' has beautiful, copper-orange coloured flowers.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
An eye-catching cultivar raised at the Kalmthout Arboretum in Belgium, Hamamelis x intermedia 'Jelena' has beautiful, copper-orange coloured flowers. These flowers are extremely attractive but unscented. The foliage has excellent red and orange autumn tints.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Hamamelis x intermedia 'Jelena' dislikes shallow, chalk soil and will not grow well in wet or waterlogged conditions.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. As a young plant, Hamamelis x intermedia 'Jelena' may require protection from severe, late spring frosts once the young leaves have emerged in spring.
- Flowering Period: January - March.
- Flower Colour: Copper-orange
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Large branching shrub with a goblet-shaped habit once established.
- Height: 3.5 m (12 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: In soils which may become wet in winter, it is a good idea to mound-plant Hamamelis to improve the drainage around the root system. This cultivar is also known as Hamamelis x intermedia 'Copper Beauty'
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils
- Special Features
- Flowering in Winter, To grow in a pot
- On sale!
- On sale!