Hamamelis x intermedia 'Arnold Promise'
(Witch Hazel) Hamamelis x intermedia 'Arnold Promise' is a stunning large vase-shaped shrub with spectacular bright yellow flowers in late winter once established.
However following government guidelines our nursery site is closed to visitors for the time being.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
This splendid witch hazel was raised in the Arnold Arboretum, Boston, in the United States and is a little later flowering than the other cultivars listed here,with long lasting yellow flowers. The dark green leaves turn vivid shades of orange or yellow before falling in autumn.
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Arnold Promise' is a vase-shaped, deciduous shrub or very small tree with lightly scented flowers that give excellent late winter interest. Attractive leaves and good autumn colour in October.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Hamamelis x intermedia 'Arnold Promise' dislikes shallow, chalk soil and will not grow well in wet or waterlogged conditions.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. As a young plant, Hamamelis x intermedia 'Arnold Promise' may require protection from severe, late spring frosts once the young leaves have emerged in spring.
- Flowering Period: January - March.
- Flower Colour: Golden-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hamamelis x intermedia 'Arnold Promise' grows to be a large branching shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 3.5 m (12 ft).
- Notes: In soils which may become wet in winter, it is a good idea to mound-plant Hamamelis to improve the drainage around the root system.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), Scented, To grow in a pot
You might also like