(Salt Tree) An unusual deciduous plant with colourful flowers which can be found growing in the wild on the dry salt fields of South-east Russia and parts of Asia.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
(Salt Tree) An unusual deciduous plant with colourful flowers which can be found growing in the wild on the dry salt fields of South-east Russia and parts of Asia. Halimodendron halodendron has ornamental, silvery-green leaves and masses of mauve-pink, scented, pea-like flowers in mid summer.
Halimodendron halodendron thrives in coastal areas, is very wind tolerant and has spiny thorns which also make it an excellent barrier plant.
Supplied Size: 5L/7.5L pots (approx 4 years old, 60 - 80 cm tall)
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained soil. Halimodendron halodendron dislikes and will not grow well in wet or waterlogged soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Mauve-pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Halimodendron halodendron grows to be a large branching shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver
You might also like