(Salt Tree) An unusual deciduous plant with colourful flowers which can be found growing in the wild on the dry salt fields of South-east Russia and parts of Asia.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
(Salt Tree) An unusual deciduous plant with colourful flowers which can be found growing in the wild on the dry salt fields of South-east Russia and parts of Asia. Halimodendron halodendron has ornamental, silvery-green leaves and masses of mauve-pink, scented, pea-like flowers in mid summer.
Halimodendron halodendron thrives in coastal areas, is very wind tolerant and has spiny thorns which also make it an excellent barrier plant.
Supplied Size: 5L/7.5L pots (approx 4 years old, 60 - 80 cm tall)
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained soil. Halimodendron halodendron dislikes and will not grow well in wet or waterlogged soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Mauve-pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Halimodendron halodendron grows to be a large branching shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £32.00New Price Each £19.95New Price Each £18.95
New Price Each £12.95
New Price Each £22.50