- Sold Out
(Snowdrop Tree) Halesia carolina is an unusual and beautiful small tree once established with masses of delicate white snowdrop-like flowers in early summer.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
A beautiful tree native to the United States, Halesia carolina has clusters of three to five, pendulous, white flowers with a golden center and delicate scent in late spring. The flowers usually appear on fairly young plants and are borne on branches of one year old wood. The leaves are dark green turning golden yellow in a good, crisp autumn before falling.
Halesia carolina is a fantastic, branching flowering small tree, ideal for border planting or growing as a standalone specimen!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small branching tree with a spreading habit once established.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft).
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft).
- Notes: This plant is also known as Halesia tetraptera.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Flowering in Summer
- On sale!