Geranium phaeum 'Samobor'
(Hardy Geranium) Geranium phaeum 'Samobor' is an excellent selection which is grown for the lovely purple summer flowers and the colourful dark markings on the leaves.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An excellent Geranium which has been selected for the colourful dark markings on the leaves. The flowers are dark purple or nearly black in colour and very pretty when viewed against the unusual leaves.
Geranium phaeum 'Samobor' is an superb ground cover plant and a fine choice for a cottage garden or informal border.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Geranium phaeum 'Samobor' grows to be an informal, dense, clump forming perennial.
- Height: 80 cm (2 ½ ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Notes: Once Geranium phaeum 'Samobor' has flowered, remove the old flower stems and old leaves to encourage the production of new leaves and flowers.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Foliage - Variegated