A densely branching evergreen shrub, Gaultheria shallon has dark green leathery leaves and racemes of colourful pinkish-white flowers in late spring or early summer.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
(Salal or Oregon Wintergreen) A densely branching evergreen shrub, Gaultheria shallon has dark green leathery leaves and racemes of colourful pinkish-white flowers in late spring or early summer. The flowers stand out well against the dark foliage and are followed by purple berries later in the year.
Gaultheria shallon requires an acid soil to grow well and appreciates shelter from cold winter winds. Excellent shrub for underplanting in woodland areas.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, acid, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Gaultheria shallon requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Pinkish-white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Gaultheria shallon grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like