(Oriental Goat's Rue) A handsome, deciduous, bushy spreading perennial, Galega orientalis has pinnate (feather-like) bright green leaves and spikes of violet-blue flowers in summer.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A handsome, deciduous, bushy spreading perennial, Galega orientalis has pinnate (feather-like) bright green leaves and spikes of violet-blue flowers in summer. The flowers are very popular with insects, including bees.
Best in a position with sun and some shelter from strong winds. Looks lovely growing amongst trees & shrubs in a sunny woodland setting..
- Position: Sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist but free draining soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized to tall, spreading perennial.
- Height: 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft)
- Spread: 0.8 - 1 m (2 - 3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Large (1.2m+), Herbaceous - Medium (0.6m - 1.2m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Flowers in Spring