Ribes 'Jonkheer van Tets'
(Redcurrant) This Redcurrant produces superb crops of excellent bright red, juicy fruit ideal for use in jams, jellies and pies.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
This Redcurrant produces superb crops of excellent bright red, juicy fruit ideal for use in jams, jellies and pies. The plants themselves are strong and vigorous with an upright habit and will produce heavy crops of fruit in mid summer.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Redcurrant 'Jonkheer van Tets' grows to be a small or medium sized, branching shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- Notes: Pick the fruit in July and August. It can be frozen and used later in the year or eaten fresh.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Fruit - Edible