Forsythia x intermedia 'Mini-Gold'
A dwarf variety, Forsythia 'Mini-Gold' is a compact shrub with masses of bright yellow flowers in late winter or early spring before the leaves emerge.
However following government guidelines our nursery site is closed to visitors for the time being.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A dwarf variety, Forsythia 'Mini-Gold' is a compact shrub with masses of bright yellow flowers in late winter or early spring before the leaves emerge. When out the leaves are mid green in colour with occasional bronze-yellow autumn tints before falling..
Due to its small eventual size, Forsythia 'Mini-Gold' is suitable for planting in areas with limited space and can also be grown in a container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: February - March.
- Flower Colour: Bright yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Forsythia 'Mini-Gold' grows to be a small, compact shrub.
- Height: 80 - 100 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- Spread: 80 - 100 cm (2 - 3 ft).
- Notes: If required, prune Forsythia 'Mini-Gold' to shape after flowering in Spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Windy & Exposed, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot
You might also like