Forsythia x intermedia 'Goldrausch'
A handsome shrub, Forsythia × intermedia 'Goldrausch' has masses of colourful rich yellow flowers on the bare branches in early Spring.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A handsome shrub, Forsythia × intermedia 'Goldrausch' has masses of colourful rich yellow flowers on the bare branches in early Spring. The leaves are green and emerge after the flowers have gone over in Spring. This selection is highly reliable and once established should produce an excellent duisplay of flowers each year.
Forsythia × intermedia 'Goldrausch' is an excellent choice of shrub for providing winter colour!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade (better flower display usually in full sun).
- Soil: Any fertile, reasonably well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: February - March.
- Flower Colour: Rich golden-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Forsythia × intermedia 'Goldrausch' grows to be a medium sized, bushy shrub which can be pruned back hard if required.
- Height: 1.5 (5 ft) - 2 m (6 ft).
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- Notes: If required, prune Forsythia × intermedia 'Goldrausch' to shape after flowering in Spring. This plant is also sometimes known as Forsythia × intermedia 'Goldrush'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Winter (December - February)
You might also like