(Umbrella Bamboo) Fargesia 'Obelisk' is a tall, elegant clump forming (non-invasive) bamboo with dark green leaves and bronze-brown stems.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
Fargesia 'Obelisk' is a tall, elegant clump forming (non-invasive) bamboo with dark green leaves and bronze-brown stems. Growing to 4 - 5 m once fully established in the ground this can be used for screening or also grows well in a large container (as long as watered regularly).
Best in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Full sun or dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Best with a little shelter from strong wind, avoid very windy, exposed areas.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Fargesia 'Obelisk' grows to be a tall, clump forming bamboo. Can be thinned once established go give more transparency by removing older stems and one young stem every 20 - 25cm if required.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Grass - Large (over 6 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Alkaline, Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Screening/Hedge, Suitable for Containers, Evergreen
- On sale!