Exochorda x macrantha 'The Bride'
(Pearl bush) Exochorda x macrantha 'The Bride' grows to be a medium sized, hardy shrub with masses of pretty, pure white flowers in late spring.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A beautiful, deciduous plant, Exochorda x macrantha 'The Bride' has masses of large (2 - 3 cm wide), bridal-white flowers in late spring on arching branches. The flowers in bud appear like large pearls, sitting on the stems before opening, hence the common mane and stand out well against the green foliage. The leaves are pale green and oval.
Easy to grow and eye-catching garden shrub ideal for a sunny border!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Pearl white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, spreading shrub with arching branches once established.
- Height: 1.5 (5 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Pruning: Prune the flowering stems to half their length after the Exochorda x macrantha 'The Bride' has finished flowering. This combined with removing older damaged shoots as required will increase the number of flowers produced in the following year.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Honey Fungus Resistant, Suitable for Containers