Eucryphia x 'Penwith'
(Leatherwood ) First discovered at Trengwainton in Cornwall in the 1930's, Eucryphia x 'Penwith' has large, pale white, lightly scented flowers (up to 6 cm across) in late summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
First discovered at Trengwainton in Cornwall in the 1930's, Eucryphia x 'Penwith' has large, pale white, lightly scented flowers (up to 6 cm across) in late summer. The dark green, glossy leaves tend to have a wavy edge.
Eucryphia x 'Penwith' is a lovely evergreen tree which makes a superb, flowering addition to a sheltered garden.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Eucryphia x 'Penwith' requires a warm position and shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Eventually a small, upright tree.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: This plant is a hybrid between Eucryphia lucida and Eucryphia cordifolia and generally flowers well as a young plant.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like